Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Panthodile is pretty much the coolest animal ever

Yes that's a lame line from a dry humor, overly quoted movie of awkwardness in an attempt to be humorous. Starting an intro with a name I'll say mine is Kelsey McCoy, a very Irish name that I learned means island of ships, descendent of Coy. I know very intriguing. I hail from the land of enchantment, meaning New Mexico. I have lived 20 minutes outside of Albuquerque all my life, so Indiana is quite a big difference for me as far as surroundings go. I grew up in a christian home but never took my walk truely seriously until my freshmen year of college. Basic 2 second testimony.
 One thing I've had a passion for ever since I was old enough to hold my big baby head has been cartoons. I can make quite a long winded argument about how 90's cartoons were the jewel of daytime kids shows. What do I see nowadays? Networks depending on a generation of random lovers to make ends meat off of cartoons their bum writers probably wrote while smoking some sort of powdery substance. I've loved cartoons and still love them now. I can't explain how big of an impact they had on me. It's not that they made me have some big godly realization. They didn't teach me morals that I was able to carry and refer to for the rest of my life. They didn't get me through any hard times in my life, at that age hard times means being grounded for not turning in homework or sneaking over to your friends house.
     What they are for me is a reminder of the simpler times. A time when the age was golden, all was new and young and the rest of my life looked like a long long stretch that never seemed to end. Now when I got older I was sad to believe that cartoons were only for children, you understand my sheer joy when I figured out they could be used for adults too. Pixar for one, is a major idol of mine. My main interest is in creating characters and developing them over time. I have a few that I've helped create and it's awesome seeing them mature as I do. I think it's as close as you can get to having children without owning a dog or having children.
      I could probably go on for a while just on this one subject but I will have to control myself and leave it at that. I'm really excited to get into my animation major at Huntington University, and really hope God continues to bless me with this passion to create and make stories, through all the hard work it requires.

1 comment:

  1. Since you love Pixar so much!
    Here:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1059955/
    It's on Netflix!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.