Hello! My name is Kyle Lindsey. Animation student and lover of films. I don't think I need to say much more so lets get talking about movies!
Has any animation of film majors seen The Secret of Kells?
I personally think that it is an amazing work of art that will become a classic animation piece (if it has not already). I love Irish mythology and this film does a wonderful job of adding many myths and legends associated with celtic lore, from Crom Cruach to the fae. If you just look at the beautiful design of the forest scenes you can tell it was heavily inspired by celtic art. Now I felt like this film was more made for an animators enjoyment instead of for kids. I have a hunch most kids won't understand the depth of the story nor much of what is going on on the screen half the time. This film is also surprisingly dark at times and has more violence than I first expected from such a bright looking piece. But altogether, it skillfully pulls together the mythicism, art, history, beauty and reality of an Ireland that has long since been forgotten. As a future animator, I hope that someday I can make films half this good.
If you have time take a look at this film. It truly is a thing to behold.

This is a great film, everyone should check it out! BTW It's on Netflix!
ReplyDelete