Tuesday, September 6, 2011

So I joined the class on friday...

   Hello everyone! My name's Matt. I'm a senior film production major/theatre arts minor from Lima, Ohio. I know what you're thinking: "Isn't it kinda weird that you're taking an intro class to your major as a senior?" Yes, yes it is, but hey, I've made it this far, so there's hope for all of you too.
   As you can infer from my fields of study, I love a good story. I'm not big into realism; after all, we get plenty of that every day. Give me something that is fantastic, something that show's you've been exhausting your imagination and then some. I'm not putting down stories that are based in actuality; one of my favorite films, Schindler's List, is a story of terrible reality, but it is crafted into a masterpiece that powerfully evokes emotion.  All I'm saying is that if all the movies we made were like Bicycle Thieves, I think I'd switch to being a math major. My advice to everybody is this; don't hesitate to take risks with your work. Give yourself permission to do great things, because most of the time, you are your own worst enemy. And now I leave you with some of my favorite movies. See them! SEE THEM NAOUGHW!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.