Friday, September 9, 2011

Thoughts on "O Brother, Where Art Thou"

    This was a good movie. The dialogue was sometimes hard to follow though. On the other hand, it was a very funny movie. The characters where delightfully odd and fun to watch, especially George Clooney. I'm surprised this movie didn't make a whole lot of money.
    The music was also very good. I wonder if the actors did their own singing.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed staying for Signs and Wonders and watching the movie, too. Although I was sitting in the first row and by the time the movie was over, my neck was aching horribly from having to look up the entire time at a bit of an awkward angle.
    What was a little weird for me was seeing John Turturro in a movie without Adam Sandler. Also, I know that George Clooney practiced his singing for a while but apparently couldn't make the cut, because in the end, his voice was dubbed by Dan Tyminski.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only one of the actors did his own singing (at least in the the trio) can you guess which one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turturro's in plenty of great movies without Adam Sandler. Check out
    Secret Window
    Big Lebowski
    Fearless
    Barton Fink
    Do The Right Thing
    The Sicilian
    and I'm sure there's many more

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.