Ethan informed me today that the Avengers teaser went up online! I almost flipped out. Thankfully, I got his text message just as I was leaving class so I was able to go back to my dorm room and watch it right away.
I really love superhero movies (like many other students in our class) and I have been looking foward to this movie for about two years. Finally, the trailer is out and the movie will be released next summer! I am so pumped... I am going to the first showing I can get my hands on. Maybe I'm freaking out a little too much but I can't help it, I love comic book heroes. The director and co writer of The Avengers is Joss Whedon, who in my opinion is a fantastic choice for the creation of this spectacle.
I was all calm about this, borderline apathetic, but then I saw Joss Whedon and started getting all excited
ReplyDeleteHow Cow!! That looks awesome!! I want to see it!
ReplyDeleteI think the trailers cute. I don't think It's going to be a great movie though. As far as good super hero movies go there have only been a select few that I have enjoyed. First and foremost: BATMAN. Chris Nolan knows whats up and knows how to do a movie about a comic hero right. Then there was SPIDER-MAN 1&2, IRON MAN 1, and maybe on the back end, THOR. Otherwise Marvel AND DC have done an excellent job of showing nothing but fluffy special effects and epic one-liners, while neglecting story and depth to characters.
ReplyDeleteI fear The Avengers will be just that. They've already got every Marvel fan in existence's ticket. They probably feel they can make a movie just on that premise. But I doubt it will come through. Hopefully I'm wrong. I might check it out.
I agree with Miles; it's gonna be quite the spectacle, but with little depth. The trailer makes it appear incredible, but Marvel knows how to get people hooked. I'm sure it will be entertaining, but more along the lines of the third Transformers: huge, but rather hollow.
ReplyDeleteAnd I think I would also add Captain America to Marvel's list of hits. It had a true, authentic superhero feel to it.