Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Charles et François

This film produced by Co Hoedeman was one that really threw me for a loop. Through the entire film I was thinking to myself, "When is the grandpa gonna die?" Now I know that sounds horrible, but tragedy truly is inevitable. I was very confused to see them bothat the same age at the end of the film. But earlier tonight, I had a theory that crossed my mind. When people who are very close to you die, to you, they're never really ever dead. They merely leave their bodies and become apart of you and who you are. When tragedy befalls you, pain of the tragedy isn't the only thing that you carry with you from that situation for the rest of your life, but you also carry that loved one with you too. I'll stop now before I start crying :)

1 comment:

  1. I really like where you're going with this Leah. I'm not exactly sure where Co was taking this film but it certainly opens things up to think about issues we're normally not comfortable with.

    Thanks for sharing your response.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.