
I have to say, I am confused. I find myself lost in this piece by Co Hoedeman. The film is definitely dealing with coming of age, but I'm not sure what it has to say about it. And the switching of heads? They both seem to grow older but they look the same at a certain point they look like they are the same age. And what's with the switching of heads? Were they mimicking the chicken? And what's with them ending up being both 100 years old on the talk show? Why was the grandfather angry at the boy when he leaves on the motorcycle? Something about mathematics...? And where is the boy's father? Something about Loving the world when they get older? Man, this had some beautiful imagery! Loved how the character all seemed like cardboard cut-outs! But yes, I think Leeper had it right when he said, that Hoedman left us with more questions than answers. I doubt he left us with any answers to be honest. What do you guys think?
I had to leave early, but I did see the switching heads, and boy did that rock me. But like you said, I'm not sure I can say exactly why. Particularly their demeanor and reactions afterwards, especially the young boy. He seemed to have experienced hurts and knowledge that aren't meant for the young.
ReplyDelete