Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Child v.s. Adult

'What would the child you once were think of the adult you have become?'


I discovered this anonymous quote right after I came here to school.  I found this interesting and put some deep thought into it. Part of my thought process included the fact that when I was 5, I wanted to be an artist and work for Disney. Ironically, after all the changes i've had in the last year, i've done a complete circle and ended up with the same idea and goal for my life. But I believe theres more behind this quote.

For example, think about all the life choices you've made when preparing for college or even further back, high school. I think about all the stupid things that made up my 4 years of high school, and realized my childhood self would probably be surprised. Being home-schooled, you get the reputation of being a goody girl that only goes to church and thats basically who I was as a child.
Everyone has there good and bad memories that they chose to either let go, or hold onto, but when thinking about what mindset I had when I was little changes my way of contemplating what i'm doing with my life.

I also dreamed about growing up and becoming the next Walt Disney. 12 years later, Huntington popped out of nowhere and became the first door that God opened for me.
We all have our own stories about how we got here and why, but stop yourself sometime and ask, would my 5 year old self be happy with what i've become today?


3 comments:

  1. The child I was would be let down because he expected me to be hover-board riding time-traveler. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to dream that I would pull a "the Kid" and meet my older self when I was younger. Never happened but if I did I think I would be excited....and hopeful
    (I shall not explain further....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kid me really didn't pay attention to many adults...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.