Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Confession and class films

So writing this midterm paper really got me thinking, I'm pretty much failing at looking at hidden meanings. So this blog will defiantly make you laugh. Every since I was little The Wizard of Oz was my favorite movie and the 101 Dalmatians (yes, I did get very excited when Leeper mentioned this movie in class). I just love it. Anyways, in this class we look deeper into the film and find out what the artist is trying to say. (I don't need to go into detail about this since we all know why we are here haha) Anyways, so back to my confession, I honestly didn't know that the tin man, the lion, and the scarecrow were her friends. haha #FAIL.
Moving on, I didn't like that second video we watched. I don't know why, but I really didn't. I was just bored from it, I tried looking at a Leeper Student point of view but I was just not feeling it. When I thought it was ending, it kept going. But after watching both of those and all the other animated films, I have indescribable respect for animators. That stuff just blows my mind.

1 comment:

  1. i was with you entirely, i understood the art but i just couldnt get behind it. that is until the man who planted trees. breaking the mold of what animation we had been watching was a big help for me. how do you feel regarding that film in comparison to all the others so far?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.