Thursday, October 13, 2011

how to make a decent movie horrible

every night the guys on the floor watch a movie, and typically have a theme. well its october so our theme is baseball, nothing against the nations past time but ive never been big on baseball movies.
the other night the debate raged over what baseball movie to watch, i was abnormally quiet. then Rookie of the Year was brought up. Ok this is a movie i grew up on so i can enjoy this i thought. apparntly my younger self was a horrible judge of film.

this movie is alright, wholly unbelievable, but its alright. that was until the worst piece of cinematography came on sceen, ive seen troll 2 i know bad cinematography but this was horrible. its a cheesy shot that completely ruined the entire film for me and all the guys on the floor. and here it is
sure, dosent look horrible but in the context of the film this cheesy piece of crap destroyed any joy i felt in the film. he has just one the world series and is playing a pick up game of ball with his friends and suddenly <Epic lame fist pump!> this shot happened. bad CGI twinkle and everything. Gag me with a spoon ( 90s film deserves 90s insult)

so i urge you all as filmmakers to watch this film and please learn from it. do it for the children

1 comment:

  1. I had a film like that. Only it was with a twist ending. I thought the movie was awesome until the end, at which point I became violent. I told some friends about it, and then they wanted to see it. So, I first had them watch a version I recut myself. Then I showed them the original cut. They said they were happy I showed them the recut first.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.