Just thought I'd share this with everyone since I'd put it together. This doesn't have to count as a blog credit, but I assembled most of the videos we've watched in class this semester into a list with links to where you can find them online. If you've enjoyed them as much as I have, you'll be happy to at least have a list of awesome things to watch when you need inspiration. Regardless, however, they will probably prove decent study tools when it comes down to it. Here you go
Jessica Yu – “Sour Death Balls” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhbYDbM8h3A
Corrie Francis – “Ash Sunday” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDBgIGGu7Mg
Peter Mullan – “The Fridge” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r01Z-iORtp8&noredirect=1
“Poor God” http://www.movieola.ca/video_streaming.php?id=03299001
Roy Andersson - “World of Glory” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEvV12VGdbg
Adam Davidson – “The Lunch Date” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vON-hw5QXjg
Piotr Sapegin – “Man Who Bought A House” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euJUs2Ubiak
Michael Dudok de wit – “Father and Daughter” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e10dY07KBMk
Chris Wedge – “Bunny” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzv6WAlpENA
George Melies – “Trip to the Moon” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiDWmXHR3RQ
“Colorforms” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hDXiGyqPrQ
Ben Mars – “Little Dog Turpie” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDrUnEJCDg8
Pavel Koutsky – “Duel” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4lflAKUO9Q
Derek Lamb – “Every Child” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bevAfTcj20
Co Hoedeman – “The Sand Castle” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7IGvlfkXgw
Co Hoedeman – “Tchou Tchou” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ukvRMbRe4
Frederick Back – “All Nothing” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6i4aYcQqgU
“The Man Who Planted Trees” - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ampqPdTV_z0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ltuEA63hA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
Ivan Ivanov – “The Battle of Kerzhenets” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aicvo9lvjn8
Yuri Norstein – “Hedgehog In The Fog” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW0jvJC2rvM
Yuri Norstein – “Tale of Tales” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_q3WoYawNI
Caroline Leaf – “Two Sisters” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq4GxS8Rzg8
Wendy Tilby – “Strings” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1JN_V5F_m8
Wendy Tilby – “When The Day Breaks” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuUwDuV8GNY
Caroline Leaf – “The Street” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSbD6CNGynA
Caroline Leaf – “The Owl Who Married A Goose: An Eskimo Legend” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fusYZ7eIhps
Marjut Rimminen – “The Stain” http://www.archive.org/details/TheStainRimminenRoche
“Feather Tale” http://www.nfb.ca/film/feather_tale
Michaela Pavlatova - “Words, Words, Words” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx4MR2QCWyk
Marie Paccou – “Un Jour” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztOiNbkndis
Pixar – “Luxo Jr” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvCWPZfK8pI
Pixar – “Geri’s Game” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m7dcbIKvlw
“Work In Progress” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REjU1A-ug8g
“Rock Fish” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpO13RuLg3k
Maybe we can discuss favorites? I have to say Co Hoedeman and Caroline Leaf are my favorites, although I also loved Yuri and LOVE the female animators we've been watching this week.
Thanks Sam!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sam! I think that's easily worth a blog credit.
ReplyDeleteSo far I've liked The Man Who Planted Trees the best. I like Co Hoedeman in that I'm still not sure if I like him, but his work is still obviously in my head.
ReplyDeleteThe Man Who Planted Trees was really cool! Co Hodeman is a favorite for me too! I really liked sand castle with that little three legged dude! That video really reminded me a lot of the Body of Christ and how everyone has specific equally important tasks.
ReplyDeleteFather and Daughter was also a good one. I liked the way he portrayed the passage of time.
My personal favorite so far has been Sand Castle by Hodeman. The Stain was also really good, although I wouldn't say it was necessarily enjoyable to watch.
ReplyDeleteI'm also looking forward to watching the Pixar short "Geri's Game". I love that one!