


I recently started, well not recently but for about three years now I've been really into South Korea
and the culture, food, fashion. I started on the interest of South Korea through music! In 2009 I discovered a new genre of music I had never heard before called k-pop. Wow! It was almost like a hidden world, I mean a lot of Western musical elements are used as well as European music, but I had never heard of it before until I saw a video of the famous k-pop group called Wondersgirls. If you don't know about k-pop, indie pop, hip-hop,korean traditional music,etc. Check it out you won't regret it and I'm sure you'll get hooked like I did.
Now as I got more and more immersed in the South Korean (North Korea doesn't do any/allowed) I came upon dramas. In the United States, T.V shows are called shows and in Korea their called 'dramas' which makes sense since a lot if not all, always have drama in them. But anyway as I got more interested, I discovered the drama called Secret Garden. Now this drama is honestly better than any American TV show I've seen. I mean it mixes drama, comdey, mystery, sci-fiction and romance all in one! And honestly I really also liked it (and it is now as of now one of my favorite korean dramas of all time) because of the honesty. The romance was done how it should have been done, instead of how it is alwayds done in America- boy and girl meet each other and lust after one another without actually falling in love and then they randomly have sex. But in this drama and a lot of other Korean dramas (now I'm not saying all of the dramas don't have the wrong sexually immortailty as American shows do, but there is not as much or done so much that it becomes diguesting) the main characters actually meet each other, don't neccessarily get along at first, but as time permits they start to like each other, which then turns into love and then they get married and then the sex part comes (which is how it should always be). But now I'm just blabbering, so if you want a show that mixes all the elements that were mentioned before, check out this drama! The dramas are in Korean, but I watched first in Korean and got what was going on becuse of the great acting/movements becuase I am interested in learning korean. Then I re-watched with English subs which you can find on the web or on hulu!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.