I am very impressed with the left behind series. I feel that those movies give an accurate representation of the end times. Minus a few minor details. This series truly makes people think about their faith and shows them an idea of what it will be like when Christ returns. I am just wondering if fear is the tool that we should be using to bring people to Jesus. Fear is a very powerful tool, along with other things such as money, lust, perversion, and I am wondering if we need to be using those. There are many verses in the bible that talk about these things, such as "The love of money is the root of all evil." "Perfect love cast out fear" and many more. With the left behind series, I see that fear is the main tool used to bring conviction to people about getting saved. Should it not be love for what God has done that brings us to him. In the Bible it says God is love. So if God is love and in him there is no darkness, than how can there be fear?
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Left Behind
I am very impressed with the left behind series. I feel that those movies give an accurate representation of the end times. Minus a few minor details. This series truly makes people think about their faith and shows them an idea of what it will be like when Christ returns. I am just wondering if fear is the tool that we should be using to bring people to Jesus. Fear is a very powerful tool, along with other things such as money, lust, perversion, and I am wondering if we need to be using those. There are many verses in the bible that talk about these things, such as "The love of money is the root of all evil." "Perfect love cast out fear" and many more. With the left behind series, I see that fear is the main tool used to bring conviction to people about getting saved. Should it not be love for what God has done that brings us to him. In the Bible it says God is love. So if God is love and in him there is no darkness, than how can there be fear?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good point on the whole love and fear thing Joel. I'd say that conversions based on fear are questionable on the grounds that they were never introduced to a loving God. Only a wrathful one.
ReplyDelete