Now, I've never been married or anything close to married. I think I was engaged in kindergarten, but then something happened. I think he hit me because I put on his Darth Vader mask... no, that was a completely different person (cough, Sam Doughty, cough) but I digress. That quote made me really sad. I don't think marriage has to be like that and I don't think it has to be portrayed like that. Katherine and Leslie's characters in Knocked Up do bother me because I think they make drama out of nothing sometimes, but once again, that is not my point. Why can't marriage be fun and nice and good? Why can't people stay in love? My parents are still in love. I avoid knowing any details at all, but I know they still like each other a lot after 25 years of marriage. What can I say though, I've never been married. I don't know what it's like, but I can say that it sounds fun and exciting to me, and not just the finally having sex part, but like the picking out a house and raising a baby and being in love with my best friend parts.
I really like NBC's new series Up All Night. It stars Christina Applegate, Will Arnett, and Maya Rudolph. Christina and Will play a married couple who have just had a baby and aren't actually tired of each other. They still like each other. Gasp. Another representation of marriage I would like to use would be Away We Go with John Krasinski and Maya Rudolph, but Maya's character refused to get married because her parents were dead or something and couldn't go to the wedding and I'm like, have you heard of Casper? Anyway, their love is beautiful and amazing regardless and you should also watch that movie because JKras looks so good and is so cute and funny and I love him you can't have him. One out of Two, Maya. Decent.
There is no conclusion to these thoughts, really; just something for you to think about.
I've heard this topic before I'm glad you addressed it. I think it's that media seems to believe that happy marriages are boring and that's why they never seem to indulge in that aspect of life
ReplyDelete