We have heard in the blogs a lot recently about men. It's exciting for me actually! Finally a discussion on what real men are like and what separates them from the "boys" of our culture. What does it mean to be a man? What does it take to finally take on that title? Believe it or not being a "man" is a title. You have to earn it. You may be male but you may not be a man. Those boys who abuse women, can't hold a job because there too lazy to support their family, who think they are the best thing that God ever put on this earth....they are not men. They are children. You wanna see what a real man looks like? Read the bible. It may be a "no duh" answer for some of you but how many of us actually do it? The bible is full of awesome men. The best by far though would be Jesus. You want to be a good, solid dude? Be like Jesus. He is what every one of us as men of God should aspire to be.
Honestly though, we forget that.
I am furious at most men. Guys who have their hands all over their girlfriends, who watch filthy movies just because they can and who always try and cut corners in life and who intimidate and coerce women.
Grow up little boy. Grow up and man up.
I understand that this is coming off very strong...but guys can take it. We are suppose to protect women. We are suppose to cherish them as we do our own lives. In this twisted world this falls terribly short.
There is a great sermon done by Mark Driscoll which really hits at the heart of what a man should be. There is a link below in case you are interested. It really kicks your butt, but it is very important for all of us to hear I think.
For all of those who have a twinge of guilt while reading this I will say simply this: you need to get your game together right now. Right now. The good men in this world are tired of cleaning up your mess. Little boy be a man. You cherish that woman like she is yourself and realize that she is first and foremost God's. Don't screw with God's daughters. God is not sitting up there unmoved by your actions...God sees you little boy. You can't hide it.
For the women who read this I want to say I'm sorry for all of us guys who let you down, who weren't men, who weren't like Jesus. My heart aches for you. Know that there are men who care. Seek them out...although you may have doubts about it they are out there and they truly care for you. Forgive us all.
Thanks so much if you stuck in there while I ranted. If you are a guy and are still with me kudos to you. Seriously though guys, watch the video below. It will really gives you a lot of good tools.
http://marshill.com/media/trial/marriage-and-men
Thanks all
Thank you; I write a lot of feminist-y blogs, but I really do love the whole concept of a man being the protector of his woman and a woman being the caretaker of her man. It's a beautiful symbiotic relationship that has been twisted through abuse and infidelity and the world. I am okay with being the weaker sex. Physically, it's true, men have all that testosterone and the majority of men are stronger than the majority of women. I'm not offended by that. I hate carrying things. I love being a girl.
ReplyDeleteWhat I think is important is that whether I want to be a single mom or the bread-winner in a marriage or a housewife or whether i don't want to have kids or whatever, it's okay and I can be. There is nothing wrong with the traditional mom-makes-dinner-and-dad-comes-home-from-work as long as no one is saying that a woman can't be anything else. I see so many women in the media and on tv and on the internet who really get it and stand up for themselves and I love that men are getting it too. Females require respect whether we want to be a firefighter or a poet or a mom of 5 or start a fight club. I don't want to be a guy. I like being a girl. But being a girl shouldn't mean I'm limited in anything. Anyway, I'm done.
Lindseys unite
Well said. If anyone is interested, the movie "Courageous" is also a good sermon on manhood and fatherhood. Maybe not the best way to make a movie, but what the heck.
ReplyDeleteah! I love Mark Driscoll and that sermon also the one on women and femininity.
ReplyDeleteBasically I ditto what Lindsey says yes