Saturday, October 15, 2011

To Be or Not To Be Christian

This isn't directly related to film, but the subject could certainly apply to filmmaking as well....

When Switchfoot's new album Vice Verses was released last week, I thought about what I had heard regarding their stance on being labeled a Christian band. They don't want to be known as a Christian band. Why? Because they think it will box them in and discourage a larger audience, and also give them a certain 'reputation'. I guess I can understand that they want to reach a larger audience, but it is almost to the extent that it seems as though they're rather ashamed or undedicated to their faith. If that is what you stand for, why would you have a problem being associated with Christianity? Is it still possible to attract people as Christians, or do we have to mask it?

Here is one of their awesome songs from Vice Verses....

1 comment:

  1. I feel like the band Reliant K is a great example of a christian band that's developed a large audience despite being labeled christian. Personally I think it makes them look like they don't have much faith in God that they'll be used in awesome ways.They seem more concerned with the number of fans they have then being tools of God.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.