Thursday, October 27, 2011

You don't get it. Should I care?



This is the interview my group did. I slipped a story in there while editing. I'm surprised how many people don't get it. It doesn't even seem those who worked on it got it. Here's the thing, I'm not sure if I should care. I mean, if you pay attention to what's being said, what you see when it's being said, and what you hear and when you hear it...then you might just put it all together and walk away with the feeling that was intended. There's also that "aha!" moment that I like, but the problem with that is you've got to be able to put that together. Ask yourself, why am I being shown this right now within the context of the whole.

When making a film is it alright to slow the bus down to let more people on? Stanley Kubrick didn't when 2001 bombed at the box office. In fact, he pretty well kept his mouth shut about what he was going for on that on all the way up to the day he died.

I'm happy with it. In fact, the only regret is that, in order to get it done on time, I had to plow through it, which took some of the experience away from the others. That's my fault for not trying to put it together sooner. I've tagged them all in this post. It doesn't have to count as blog credit, but if it does everyone deserves it. Anyway, check out the awesome lighting and location by Megan Carpenter.

Note: After writing this I went back and tried really hard to make it more obvious what I was going for. It didn't really work. It seemed forced. It is what it is.

1 comment:

  1. As if to answer my question, I check it today and it has 2 views and 1 dislike. Thanks youtube, you're the greatest friend a boy could ever have! :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.