Which is the life and story of two artists and their daily endevours. I love the style that sorta reminds me of the canadian comic Scott Pilgrim (yes it was a graphic novel before it was a movie, which would explain a lot about the movie... and the fact that it was Canadian)
There's a couple of adventure web comics I enjoy, one being http://derelictcomic.com/. The artist has a unique style and I just love his use of texture and backgrounds. The story's moving a bit slow for me but I like just looking at his wonderfully executed panels.
My favorite though is this adventure comic http://archipelagocomic.com/comic/. I love this one the most because it's a wonderfully creative story with many different creatures and the plot and details all come together to create this diverse culture. Her characters are wonderful and believable but also it's an evolving comic. What I mean is she started the story a few years ago with undeveloped artistic skills so that you can literally see her progressing in skill and story. I think that's my favorite thing about it. I've seen so many other web comics that start out with a different skill set then what they have later so they get stuck going back and revamping old pages. It's an endless tiring cycle that way.
But those are a few of my favorites. Maybe at some point I'll have to start my own blog comic. Seems like a good idea to me.
Here's examples of eachJohnny Wander (note there is no one named Johnny Wander)
Direlect Which is an apocalyptic sort of story, the guy has a lot of apocalyptic backgrounds that he does very well so he really sticks to his guns in this comic.
Archipelago, an older page but I really like it. The comic is mainly in grey scale except here and when "magic" is used.


These are great Kelsey. Maybe you should do a presentation on them. :)
ReplyDelete