Ok so I was one of the few people in class yesterday who was sourly disappointed that Leeper did not play "For the Birds". This is personally, my favorite Pixar short. I completely understood what Leeper was talking about the depth that animation was taking. The interaction of the birds and the complexity of the feathers proved that animation could take on so many different layers of design. I am completely in love with the animation, and of course the story. The story for this short is not only extremely comical but also has a lesson for its viewers which goes back to what Andrew Stanton said in the reading we perused yesterday
“You should have something to say. Not a message, per se, but some perspective, some experiential truth.”
I was VERY disappointed we didn't watch it also! I thank you for posting it so I will now enjoy it :)
ReplyDelete