So lately I have been preoccupied with ABC Family. . . At the beginning of the semester some girls on my floor were watching Pretty Little Liars. I sat with them and watched it mostly, because I was curious about what was so great about it. Ok so I could have told anyone why it was so popular without having to watch it, but my answer was Legitimate with firsthand knowledge backing it. It has four gorgeous girls, who’s bodies a lot of girls would kill for, who all share a dirty secret. Scandalous! Along with a ton of teen drama; Oh no! Bobby* broke up with me!, ‘gasp’ Jenny just slept with Molly’s Boyfriend, and, well, you get the gist. Besides the ubersuspensful lives of these it girls does the plot go much further than that? The answer is no. Does that stop most teen age girls from watching it? Did that stop me from watching the rest of the season? Heck no. Lesson learned? The new generation needs to step up and put some TV shows with some substance. Which means someone is going to have to outsmart the person who’s idea it was to shovel as much teen gossip and drama into our eyes as humanly possible to get us to watch more. Don’t get me wrong but for what it’s trying to achieve, its impressive, but it’s not doing anything for the greater good. So if they are going to selling us this cheap entertainment, by the way we actually do deserve better, then they should at least have the decency to take off the 'Family’ name. Seriously I can’t imagine sitting down and watching most of those shows with younger siblings and my parents. Awkward much?
:)Thanks for Reading!
*Name changed to protect their identities
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.