I don't know why I feel like expressing this through a blog but I just am glad that I am here and I'm glad that they are here as well. Its going to be a fun run guys.
I also want to take a moment to say how excited I am to be working with our Animation professors as well! I see that they all have a love for story and a love for teaching that is just so awesome to see. I was honestly nervous when I first came. I wasn't sure what I would find when I got into the department. Although my professors and I may not see eye to eye on everything (doggonit I'm a conservative and PROUD of it) I enjoy being around them and I enjoy discussing things with them. Its nice to be able to respectfully disagree and still great each other as friends the next day.
Another thing that pleases me about being here and in the DMA program is that it is stretching me to see things differently as well. . Now somethings I have to look at and say "Yeah, I see what you're saying but I disagree" but that is the whole point. As long as you can see where they're coming from you don't need to agree. You just have to do what you are convicted of. And honestly, I didn't really feel a "christian bubble" as they say...which in many ways I'm thankful for because I was worried that I wouldn't find new things to explore on a christian campus.Its cool. Just plain cool.
If there isn't some sort of different view points flying around you then how do you expect to really understand what YOU believe. It was something major I learned at Disney as well. You want to debate with someone? First know what you believe and why you believe it.
But I digress. Anywho! Thanks Professor Leeper and all of you awesome animators! Its gonna be a fun four years working with all of you!
Now get back to work!


It really is going to be a great 4 years! I'm excited about the late nights at Becker too!...we're getting a head start in the Digital Tools lab already!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to working with you :)