Monday, November 14, 2011

Innovative Music Videos

I know this is pretty popular topic for a post. Sure, there's plenty of awesome music videos that I have seen on this page, and I'm sure there will be plenty more to come. However, the other day, I couldn't help but notice the creative animation in the music videos of A-Ha. For those of you who aren't musically trapped in the 80s like I am, A-Ha was an 80s pop band that was most famous for their song and music video of "Take on Me." Hopefully that rang some bells with a few of you. Anyway, I do enjoy the animation to the video I just mentioned, and the music video to the song "Manhattan Skyline." I don't care if you guys hate the music (I'm used to hearing that from people), just figured I'd share some cool animation find. Sure, the CG film we watched in class today was powerful both in sight and mind, but honestly, I've never been big on CG. If you ask me, it's good to incorporate technology into movies, but not so much to the point where it loses it's magic.


2 comments:

  1. I was totally thinking about this the other day! I had seen it a couple years ago, and had forgotten what it was called! Oh my gosh, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes...The eighties. I remember these. Compared to most of the schlock video that were flooding the mainstream these were actually kind of refreshing.

    Thanks for the flashback Spencer.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.