Nicole Dreiske,
You had my undivided attention the ENTIRE lecture. The way you spoke, taught, and applied your point just totally engrossed my regard. Now, as creepy as that sounds, I assure you that it was completely innocent and because of the application this had.
You have inspired me beyond I could have hoped for. You have managed to fit several fully lived lives into your still to be concluded story. I am so impressed and just totally amazed at all that you have accomplished in your life and it hurts my head to think of all the people you have influenced. Sorry for all the accolades, but they are with reason. I just have to say thank you for everything you shared. I was completely convicted last night when you touched on our motives when it comes to art and film (in particular). I was also impacted when you talked about the dangers of fame, fortune, and power. It is truly what I have to battle all the time. I have a unnecessary drive to get a hold of all three of those things and I've always been told to not, but how you put last night was not a "slap on the wrist" but an encouragement. I didn't feel blundered or attacked but lifted up and put on the track towards realization of my incentives for taking on film.
Now, I imagined that this lecture would be mainly comprised of DMA majors, and it was to an extent. However, I saw many friends there who were not film majors and I know were getting just as much out of it as I was. That is an art and I applaud you in how you made this lecture as general and diverse as you could whilst staying in the realm of what you knew best being theatre and film.
You are lovely and I wish I could take you out to tea sometime. I feel as if there was and is so much more that you have to impart to us and I wish I could have had that time to learn more. Bless you
-Jonathan
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.