Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Place Of Wonder, Excitement and Discovery!


Welcome to Adventures in Odyssey!
Amazingly enough, there was room in my heart growing up for something other than Disney. *gasp!*

I'm currently sitting in the Digital Tools lab, racking my brain about what I should blog about. Abi suggested I blog about her...as much as I was close to doing that, I decided it was appropriate to write about Adventures in Odyssey since Katie Leigh was here!
And to continue my inspiration for this post, I'm listening to the very first episode, "Whit's Flop."

This Christian radio show started in 1987 by Focus on the Family. Not to get too distracted but has anyone every been to the headquarters in Colorado Springs? They actually have Whit's End and a Wod-Fam-Choc-Sod! (World Famous Chocolate Soda if your lame and haven't listened to the show)

The show takes place in a fictional city that revolves around the life of John Avery Whittaker (Whit) who runs a place called Whit's End, filled with his inventions and an ice cream shop. With a Bible lesson
dished on the side, free of charge.



Katie Leigh is the voice of Odyssey's Connie Kendall, a girl who starts working for Whit as just
a way to make money and get out of the small town, but ends up loving the place and becoming a favorite on the show.
There isn't really one main plot line (until awhile back when they created the Novacom Saga) and just featured different characters like the Barclays (one of my favorite families) and Tom Riley living their lives to please God.
One of the things I love about this show is God's message isn't just thrown into each episode but it's carefully thought through and still makes it interesting no matter how old you are. It's sad to think that the episodes aren't nearly as good as the older ones, but I still try to keep up with them.
There's even a few episodes where main characters, like Connie and Eugene, become Christians. I haven't had the pleasure of listening to these episodes yet, but I've heard that they're pretty great.

Whose a fan? :)


1 comment:

  1. I've listened to quite a few before college. My younger sister has virtually all the albums. It's a pretty good show.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.