
Tonight I went to Nicole Dreiske's lecture. It was so great and rather than being bored (which I had fully expected to be) I was completely intrigued the entire time. Listening to Nicole Dreiske speak was really not a lecture at all. In fact, she involved her listeners and made us feel like we were relevant and important, which is true because without us she would not have been speaking. Also, I found it wonderful how animated and excited she was to be speaking and sharing her hard learned knowledge with us.
I found it hilarious when she mentioned in one of her answers (in response to one of the last questions asked) about how she has been ridiculed and mocked for including children in her board that selects which films will screen at the festivals. But truly what smarter way is there to go about selecting a film for an audience than asking the appropriate aged audience members to choose their favorites?
Her closing is what stuck out to me the most, however. She quoted Proverbs 4:6-9 which states, "Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though is cost all you have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you. She will set a garland of grace on your head and present you with a crown of splendor." Although wisdom is something we seek and expect to have obtained early in life and early within our careers, it is something that must be learned through experience, something that takes time and patience. Yet, understanding that receiving wisdom takes time and patience and realizing the path that this implies and taking it, well isn't that wisdom in itself?
I'm so glad I went to this!! Those of you who chose not to go, you most definitely missed out.. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.