Sunday, November 13, 2011

Seeing is Deceiving Dreaming is Believing



There are a couple things I'm a sucker for. Good graphic design in products. Always gets me. And fairytales. I love them. The original versions, The re-makes, the books, the Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica. Even Disney. Though I perfere them just a bit towards the macabre side. After all, they just seem better a tad bit grim.

One thing I like about fairytales (mostly the original versions) is that they don't always have a happily ever after. You may think they do, but SPOILER ALERT they don't. The little mermaid ends up sea foam. The Pied Piper doesn't get paid, and so leads all the town's children into the cliffs, except for this one with a gimpy foot, who was crying cause the music was so pretty.

It annoys me when things end up perfect. Cause, things never end up perfect. If in the end, everyone is alive and happy, it falls in uncanny valley. Something needs to go wrong. Maybe not to the extent of a Series of Unfortunate Events, but still. SOMETHING. Perfect things annoy. Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be perfectly ridiculous than to be absolutely boring. Never be perfect, you will freak me out.

And, fairytales are BALLER. True story bro.



Lip or nose?

Are you a fairytale? Cause I'd like to believe you're real.
Do you believe in fairytales? Cause one is about to start....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.