Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Spirit of Christmas

We talked about this the other day in class, and I had never even watched this till now. This is a Christmas short made in 1992. This is about 5 years before Season 1 of South Park even aired. In this cartoon, they use paper cutouts to animate. They have tons of little mouths and put them on the characters to make them talk. It's amazing how much work can go into such a short film. The show is now in it's 15th season, with over 200 episodes, and they would probably still be on season 1 if they used this method the whole time. Now that they use computers, they can do it much faster but the show always has the same look as this first original short.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS. I'm a huge South Park fan. Cool to see the original episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, i wish more of you weren't turned off by cursing and "inappropriate/offensive" material. what's funny is funny. if we all could know enough about our brains we wouldn't be as ashamed about what we find entertaining. the more you accept, the more you broaden your horizons, AND, more importantly, your potential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should I feel ashamed when I see exploitation on the screen, or should accept it because it "broadens my horizons?" Is it spiritually healthy to watch anything because "what's funny is funny?" Or should there be a place where we say enough is enough? I don't see how it "ads to my potential" to watch crude and profane material and then just brush it off because, after all, "funny is funny" and "art is art."

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.