
This was by far my most favorite animation out of all of the ones we viewed in class on Wednesday. It was surreal and not understandable. The way the story was told through incredible texture, movements one might find in a pop-up book, and the really very awesome creepy music. :)
This past class was the first time I had ever seen this indescribable animation. Originally when watching it, the first thing that came to mind was was the fight of the Dodo birds against extinction. The birds in the animation kept dying off and disappearing in different ways, but mainly due to the sea monster Otto.
I researched the animation a little bit more following class and became very excited and surprised when discovering that the animation did indeed have something to do with Dodo birds.
"The Tale of How" is made up of a set of prints, a coffee table book, and of course an animation. Such a bitter fantasy, but also so compelling and captivating.
Also, the web page I obtained some of the above information from had such an epic line that I thought I'd share it. When first reading it, I started laughing. If I had to choose an audience for this particular animation, it would be the following two groups listed in the quote: "The Tale of How coffee table book makes for a great present for children and widows alike."
A GREAT way to sum up this particular tale!!
SO GLAD Sleeper showed this in class :D
(The images above contain a few glimpses of the coffee table book).
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.