3: This scene from Up
I first saw this movie a few years ago when a college near where I live showed a public screening of the film. Up has been my favorite Pixar movie ever since.
The film was amazing on all levels. I love the comedy in the film (Dug might me my favorite character), but the other elements actually took me by surprise. Before, especially as I got older, I kind of pigeon-holed Pixar's movies as "more for kids." So when I saw this scene in the film, it blew me away. I have never seen Pixar go this deep before so the first time I watched this scene, I was kinda shocked at how deep it was.
This scene is story telling at it's best. No dialogue or action, just a simple scene. I very glad to hear that this score won an Oscar. Michael Giacchino's music here is amazing.
(P.S. Watch the lighting from the beginning of the scene and at the end. Very nice touch.)
Oh my word, this has to be one of my favorite scenes from any movie period! Actually, I'd probably rank the whole "married life" montage higher, but this moment is still incredible. I know so many people that cried during this film (yes, I admit, me too) and during this moment in particular. Truly powerful stuff.
ReplyDeleteYES! Finally a movie that i've seen in your top 10!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree...this movie has so many touching moments and it's one of Pixar's best.
Definitely my favorite Pixar movie and most touching story. I love the first scene so much with the sequence between Ellie and Carl and I (admittedly) cry every time I watch it. An amazing story, meant for nothing else but animation, with a powerful concept and truth, UP is an exceptional tale. Not to mention its pretty epic ;)
ReplyDelete