I think it funny that after the Crumb was over, Professor Leeper immediately asked for my opinion. Ya, umm... anyways I was like "I have absolutely no idea what i'm gonna blog about." Well, I still don't have much to say other than it was sad, and disturbing, and gross, and sad, and disturbingly gross and really really sad ..... It wasn't exactly the kind of scaring experience I thought it might be. It was more just horrifying to see what came from this guy's head and the thoughts that he embraced. I feel like R Crumb knew that he was broken and messed up, yet he chose to embrace that part of him anyways. He used his cartoons to draw out and explore what was inside of himself, which is not a bad thing to do, but when he saw the results he didn't see a problem but instead a piece of art to be published.
The one noble thing about him was his genuiness. His art was all about how he saw things or whatever popped into his head. He never catered to what consumers wanted. Neither was he trying to shape society. It just so happened that what he throw out there everyone else wanted.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.