An old cartoon! Oh how I've missed you my dear Chuck Jones <3
This was actually based off a book written by a Looney Toons alumnus Frank Tashlin and later into a short cartoon by none othere then dear old Chuck. Back home I used to visit Sante Fe (should visit it's awesome) and it had a Chuck Jones art Gallery. I loved visiting that.
Anyways, I miss cartoons that actually had something to say sometimes. Looney Toons were often violent and funny in a cartoony mischievous way and yet I feel like they always had something to say.
This one obviously has a lot of undertones,morals, political things, and whatnot. I often rant about how insanely awful nowadays cartoons are compared to the 90's. Sure there are exceptions that I've enjoyed and others have said are still good but what happened to these oldies? I really feel like kid shows are getting dumber. Like we're all silly men who need a shave and wear fur coats. I know we talked about children stories a long while ago but I felt I should bring it up again.
Well on a more current topic I like the animation and the stylization in cartoons here.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.