Monday, September 12, 2011
Always Winter.
There's nothing like just hearing one sentence, or one phrase, and then having an entire song get stuck in your head. And it just keeps going around and around and around. It's nice when it's a song you like. Twice as nice when you know all the words.
So there I was just sitting there, paying attention to Leeper's reading of the selfish giant (which I really liked, by the way. Both the reading of and the tale.) and he said the phrase "always winter". Which brought to mind the song above. In Like a Lion, by Relient K, is a song that was made for the companion CD for the Disney The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. It's a lovely song, which practically shows you what it's talking about. Now that I know what the mythic cycles are, I can even pick those out in the song too. It kind of has a slight melancholy feel to it, and yet it ends with hope. Like, the last word is literally hope. It starts with winter and feeling lost, and hopeless, and ends with all the leaves sprouting and the birds singing and the arrival of spring and hope. No longer are we hopeless.
Labels:
AbiFreeland
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.