Friday, September 16, 2011

The Apostle


I was really scared I wouldn't be able to make it to Signs and Wonders Thursday night, but I did! I showed up a little late but I was able to jump right into the movie. For those of you who didn't go see 'The Apostle' Last night, view it on your own time. I am not going to get into the plot of the story, because I don't want to take the time to do that. If you don't know what it's about check out a plot description on IMDB or something. Anyways.... I was very intrigued and liked the movie allot as a whole. Overall I gave it an 8/10. The discussion we had about 'The Apostle' after was very good. I enjoyed all the insight of what everyone said. But one of the things I wanted to talk about the most was how the movie was different then others. What I really found very intriguing was how almost the entire last church service was left in the end of the movie. It wasn't like they kept cutting to different parts of the sermon, but it jsut played out, building the wonder and suspense of possibly what was going to happen next. I love the way the movie shaped out as a whole and found it very different then any other movie I have ever seen. I love it when a film does that. Anyways check out 'The Apostle' and go to the other Signs and Wonders viewings.

2 comments:

  1. When you think about it's amazing just how much of this film is uncut church service. Kind of how the Cohen Bros. hung Oh Brother on the soundtrack. Duvall seems to have built this film almost exclusively on sermons and praise...and it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loved that ending church service scene, when a story builds so much suspense out of such a simple situation it is truly amazing

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.