Monday, September 5, 2011

Hello everyone! I'm Rachel Larson! I just had to say quick that I loved reading all your posts! I feel so blessed that God has put me around such people as you! I'm looking forward to working with you guys!

I never imagined myself much of a filmmaker until my junior year, I loved writing stories before then, but had never really thought about film before.

I totally believe now that God has stirred into me this passion for film and Hollywood.
Our craft is so beautiful! Let me give an example, Peter Jackson's King Kong. This is the movie that has influenced me the most. First of all it's a wonderfully made movie. I loved the animators diligence as they tried to create a believable 25 foot gorilla. They did a great job in the both the details and capturing the grand scale of Skull Island.

I'll let these two images explain what I mean:














Yeah! Pretty cool! Just look at all the depth and emotion in his eyes! Pretty cool stuff!

So anyway, as for me I really want to bring wholesome stories to the screen in the best way I can.
Like we were talking about in class, not being manipulative or anything but just telling the pure truth of the love of God.

I was reading the first chapter of our telling the truth book and it said that when Pontious Pilate asked, "What is truth?"
Jesus answer is only silence. This is so powerful because Jesus keeps it so simple. The Truth was standing silent before Pilate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.