Sunday, September 11, 2011

"He's dead, Jim!"

I was cruising along on the internet, doing some boss tabbing when I went to open a new tab on Chrome and found this lovely surprise.  It's odd to say but I was actually excited to see the Chrome error page (I like this one better than the "aw, snap" one). It reminded me of my love for Star Trek.

I'm not a true fan... so if you ask me any trivia questions about the series there's a 90% chance I won't know the answer. Still, I enjoy watching Star Trek.
My dad's a bit of a nerd. Star Trek was his life when he was younger... before he moved on to Kiss and Star Wars. Anyway, he's the one that revealed the wonder's of 60's television shows to me. Batman and Star Trek. Yes!

Both of these shows are incredibly cheesy. I'm convinced that Batman is a comedy. Star Trek... I think was supposed to be serious... lol.  Both of these tv shows have been made into movies. I love the *new Star Trek movie! The story line is incredible, very creative. Creating a movie based on a tv show that has some pretty hard core fans is difficult, but J.J. Abrams pulled it off. As for Batman, I'm a hardcore 60's Batman fan. I haven't seen The Dark Knight, so I won't comment on it. I've heard it's good though. I need to watch it!

Anyway, I'm not sure that this post has any real "point". I was just super excited about that Chrome error and needed to share. :)



4 comments:

  1. I'm a doctor not a computer programmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you definitely need to watch The Dark Knight! Unless you like the comedy element so much that this would ruin it for you, because The Dark Knight is NOT comedy. Personally, I prefer the more serious and dark tone of Nolan's Batman, but I also love the lighthearted 60's Batman. (And have you seen Batman Begins?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ashamed to say it but the only Batman I've seen stars Adam West and Burt Ward. I've been trying to get my hands on *any* of the Batman movies, especially Batman (1989), for a while now. Netflix doesn't have any of these movies streaming.. and my home town doesn't have a dvd rental place (does Huntington? lol). Batman anything is so hard for me to get a hold of... movies and the tv series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL that's a great Star Trek allusion!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.