Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Love Costs Everything


I felt that our discussion about Fridge was very interesting. The thing that struck me the most was that even though those people who helped saved the boy were living on the street and didn't have much, they still helped the boy. The people who could've actually done more productive things to help save the boy turned their backs on him. The whole point of the movie really made my reflect on my life.

And then it got me thinking about a movie I watched this summer at CIY, which is a convention for Youth Groups. The title of the movie was "Love Costs Everything." It was about persecuted Christians in other countries, such as India. What got me most at the end of the film, is that those people are struggling everyday to keep their faith and to go to church. Christians in America, we have religious freedom. We don't have to fear an attack on our churches, or getting beaten in our own homes, or getting beaten when we walk down the street. It really made me re-evaluate how I see my faith.

I honestly think that the people being persecuted have a much stronger faith than me. They have to fight everyday for what they believe in, and here I am, at a Christian college. There's no struggle for me. I think they have to believe in God more than anything, because they're risking their lives for it.

Here's a link for the trailer to the movie if you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXJZhNN-Urw



It's like what Professor Leeper said, about really feeling like you're a believer when you're the only one who believes around a lot of people who don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.