Nope, my favorite animated films happen to be made by Dreamworks. First one is Spirit (probably in part because I was obsessed with horses.) I love the soundtrack and Brian Adams voice in the background and how it fits, and how even though sometimes there's no talking the emotion still comes through. And did I mention Brian Adams voice? mmmmmm.... Lovely.
My second favorite animated film (and used to be my all-time favorite) is The Road to El Dorado. I own it, and even though I haven't watched it in a couple years I can still quote most of it, and sing the songs. Though Elton John doesn't quite compare to Brian Adams. Though I love the music video, where he gets animated too. Even his little dang-a-ly earing, which is very 90's ish.
My favorite Disney movie? Herecles or Treasure Planet. But they don't quite compare to Spirit or The Road to El Dorado. I feel semi hipster, for not going all mainstream with Disney as my favorites.
Here's one of my favorite parts of Spirit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJe30WorFvI&feature=related
I tried to find the You Can't Take Me, I'm free, but I could only find amvs of that. Ilove the part where you can't see anything, but then the lightning flashes. I also really like Sound the Bugle part. The music adds the perfect feel of melancholy, and then the inspiring music swells, and you can see him get determined again, and now, even though I watched it only a couple weeks ago I want to watch it again.
And A Road to El Dorado clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwXPHbHuf04
I love the way Miguel is doing the dramatic music there at the beginning. I never notice until Tulio grabs the guitar thingy. And then I'm disappointed in myself cause I've only watched thousands of times.
And now, for your entertainment, a picture of Batman as bacon, and the Avengers as cats. Because it amuses me greatly.


Also. I found the font size button, and the text color button and the font button. Though I am dissapoint by the lack of different fonts. There's about 7 different ones, and they all look close to the same.
Spirit is a very well made movie! So so inspiring!! I love the soundtrack too! I own it on cd and is just incredible!
ReplyDeleteI just love Spirit's determination to be free. The sound the bugle song is very powerful!
I was watching the bonus features for it and they told Bryan Adams that the songs was going to be the only way the audience knew Spirit's thoughts.
Great MOvie!
Try The Secret of NIHM if you haven't already.
ReplyDelete