Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Rawr.

So I thought I'd go ahead and get my second blog out of the way and talk about something random. Because what's awesomer than something random? Actually, lots of things. Like tacos. And nice warm blankets on a cold day. But I digress.
I thought I'd talk (or ramble) about something I used to love, nay.... Adore.
And that is......




And if you can't tell what that's suppose to be, here it is in it's classic style....

Who doesn't love Calvin an Hobbes? Who doesn't love the way one could almost live vicariously through Calvin, and talk back to teachers? Live in a world where anything could be possible? Where you can talk back to teachers/parents/Susie and have no fear?
To me, Calvin an Hobbes is almost something sacred. It has a special place in my heart. It's so innocent and wistful, while at the same time grown up and cynical. It's made me laugh, it's made me cry(not really), it's moved me. It's shown me a different view. And it's made me wish I had a Hobbes to go on fantastical adventures with, and drink hot cocoa with.

And I ask you, what is the point of being cool if you can't wear a sombereo?

2 comments:

  1. I like how Watterson's humor is more dry and serious than just silly. In some of the Calvin and Hobbes strips, he talks about some serious issues, and his strips can be thought-provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Though he never made the serious issues hard to understand. I mean, as a kid I would read them, and understand them for the most part. Possibly because it was spoken by a kid...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.