Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Very Interesting. A mon avi.

So I happen to be on Deviantart. I love it. I was going through all my messages, looking at the pictures that interested me, deleting most of the journals right off the bat. But there's one person I watch who's journal I always read. Always read her comics, always read her journals. I really enjoy her view of life, and I often agree more with her than most of the people I know.
Anyhoo, she has a really interesting journal up right now, about what it is to be a man. Now, I don't really feel that concerned with what it is to be a man. Especially since I'm not a man. But she raises good points. She's also coming from a European, non-Christian, slightly offensive angle.
Here's the journal: http://humon.deviantart.com/journal/44103721/
Read it. It's interesting, and actually rather clean.
I find it so curious how males can be locked into their little genre of manly man, that they can even be fined just for wearing women's clothing. While women are out there, and as long as they are recognizable as a woman, they can do virtually anything. And be respected as it. It's sexist, only not in the way we normally process it.
Also here's one of her SATW comics (also rather tame):

I have learned more about other countries and how they act with each other from her, than from any textbook ever.
Also, a section of a Step-By-Step episode that I feel goes along nicely.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.