Maybe I'm doing something wrong. For one, I am not the 'artistic' type. Sure, I love to look at the deeper meaning in movies, but when that's all I focus on, it gets slightly agitating. You see, whenever I watch a movie, I take the plot and storyline into effect, but I look at the movie from a critical standpoint.For example, in fridge, I was not looking for a meaning to the story right away.
I was analyzing what kind of camera was being used, how well the dialogue was executed, and what the basic plot was. Then I would look for some serious meaning behind it all. But I wouldn't do it the way it was done it class. Maybe I'm just not thinking deep enough, if that's even the problem. This is why whenever I post something on a movie, it almost sounds like a review. I prefer to review the movies in my head, the stuff we do in class I sort of get, but I don't get.Also, I don't necessarily like to mix religion with my film making. I agreed with a lot of the people about the movie Fridge in the way that the language was just there to help establish the characters. I don't know, maybe I'm just extremely jaded and desensitized to all the bad stuff in movies and in life itself.
Before entering this class, I honestly did not consider the film maker and artist to be the same. I knew that there was an art to filming, but not like this. Maybe I'm just not meant for this major, maybe I still am. It may just be typical of a freshman to think this. Perhaps I'm just not that smart and just want to watch movies to make money and use them for escapists purposes, I'm slightly confused by a lot of stuff, and even now there's still more things I can't really put into words.
For now though, I do know this: I want to make movies, and I want to make decent ones. It's hard to explain. I'm not saying that I want my movies to just fulfill the Hollywood standards, and I'm not saying that I want to not put any thought at all into my movies. I guess I'll just see where things go. Am I the only one here that has thought this yet?
Just making movies is a great place to start. The thinking should come with the territory. I'm just here to get you started.
ReplyDelete