Today I watched Spirited Away, considered by many to be the best anime movie of all time. The animation was amazing to watch, but the real amazing part was the story. It was kind of an emotional ride, and the main character was unwaveringly awesome and encouraging.
Anime is an interesting genre of animation. I haven't seen a lot of it. Last spring I saw Ponyo and all I remember is being very confused in the middle. There are normally a lot of odd characters and plot twists. Regardless, if you have an active imagination and it needs fed, you need to watch Spirited Away, Akira, or Howl's Moving Castle soon.
AWWWW! Studio Ghibli! Spirited Away is my favorite animated Film. I love Ponyo so much, I always watch these movies in Japanese and Ponyo's voice is way cuter in Japanese. Also Howl's moving castle is amazing!
ReplyDeleteI tried to get behind Spirited Away and Ponyo, but it just didn't happen. I didn't like the style or the stories. And I can't even be in the same room as the movie if the American dub is playing. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen Akira yet. Been meaning to.
tsk tsk tsk tsk ^^
ReplyDeletedid you see the J Pop America Fun Time Now skit on SNL; it's funny, it's just kind of poking fun at anime fans
ReplyDelete