Friday, October 14, 2011

The Boxer


Honestly, when the movie first began, I thought I was in for another version of Rocky... which I was not very much looking forward to. It seemed that there was even an Irish Adrian. However, as the movie progressed, I realized that The Boxer was touching on bases way deeper than Rocky. I do have to admit though, without the discussion following the movie, I wouldn't have been able to fully understand the movie. I realize now that the religious disputes portrayed within the movie represent how much these parties formed around religion are lacking in religious values. For example, to contradict and hold disputes against an opposite party, members of these groups would partake in executions, group beatings, and vandalism. Not very "Christian-like" if you ask me.

Once again, being completely honest, I still don't fully understand the movie. Yet, I do realize that there exists so much content that is of actual worth within the plot that is simply based upon and encircling a life of a boxer even though boxing has absolutely nothing to do with the actual meaning and message of the movie. Although I didn't comprehend most of the movie, I was not bored once as there was always something to contemplate and try to better understand. Can people of the SAME RELIGION just of different sects really travel to such great lengths as to murder just to further prove their points and force upon others their opinion laced with over-confidence? It's just a hard concept to grasp.

It was a fantastic movie and I am so glad I went to watch it and especially glad that I stayed around for the discussion as to further understand what my mind had just attempted to wrap itself around. Unlike most of today's movies, this movie had a great and deep message (one I'm still thinking about a few hours after having watched the movie and one that I will most likely even recall and think back upon over fall break- it was that good!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.