Now think of the animation Tout Rien by Frederic Back that we watched in class yesterday. If that particular video, or any in the same style, went as mainstream as Disney, I highly doubt they would be nearly as well received. Not that they're bad by any means, but I kinda feel like not a very large majority of people can appreciate the type of videos we have been watching in class. From an artist's standpoint, they are unique, creative, and carry loads of hidden significance to find. But to the general public, something as simple, fun, and exciting as Aladdin is much more appealing.
So....if people love Disney movies so much and they are so well received, regardless of how much money they make, wouldn't Disney be more successful than Back in that those films connect and are appreciated by so many more people? It's just an observation, but I would think that a filmmaker would want his films to be loved and understood by as many people as possible. Why would you only make a film for a certain group of people?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.