So I started watching the show "Breaking Bad" last night after hearing from a friend that the fourth season is up for an Emmy this year. So far, I have to say, I am shocked. I don't know if this show was ever on TV, but if it was, it got away with a lot! I've already seen nudity, a "sex" scene, and the entire show is about selling meth. Well, not the entire show.
From what I can tell, after the first half hour of the pilot episode, is that it's about a guy who is so depressed he throws everything away to start selling meth to make money. The final straw is finding out that he has inoperable lung cancer and has a few years to live at best. He then begins to try making money any way he can so as to financially support his son (who appears to be mentally disabled). Overall, the plot seems exciting enough, the show's got a nice amount of dark humor, but what really gets me are all the great shots. This show feels like a movie--the pace, the complexity of the story, the type of shots they get--it really demands attention.
Breaking Bad is the result of a small revolution in the TV world. HBO and Showtime started letting loose with some gritty, well produced, well scripted shows. Other networks have tried to ride this wave. I believe Breaking Bad airs on FX, which is cable and operates under FCC rules. Obviously they push those rules as much as they can.
ReplyDeleteIf you liked it you should also try Dexter.
Its really actually a good show. Its filmed in my home town in Albuquerque New Mexico which is why I got into it. .Its really good though! Keep watching!
ReplyDelete