It reminded me a lot of all the stuff that we have been talking about in class and though I wouldn't say every word is entirely infallible it still had a lot of cool points.
What I thought was really kinda cool was the Muslim stand-up comic they mentioned. I guess, to me, I never imagined muslim and comic in the same sentence before! His act was called "Allah made me funny" :) I don't know if this is bad but I would seriously be tempted to go to one of his acts if he ever came around. One of his lines was "Allah gets a good laugh out of people who deny him."
The quote that really struck was when a methodist pastor said, "I take my cues from Voiltare who said' God is comedian playing to an audience to afraid to laugh." Voiltare was a french philosopher who lived back in like the 18th century.
I thought it was interesting that they had members form each of three main monotheist religions all comment about humor. I guess God being funny is a universal truth..
The quote i'm not sure about is what a mormon said, "We take God and ourselves far to seriously. I put my my failings out there and find what's both funny and holy. I probably wouldn't be a Christian at all if I couldn't laugh"
Can God be taken 'far to seriously" He is God after all! hmm, as Yoda said, "Meditate on this I will."
What do you guys think??
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.