Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Forwarded e-mails

So maybe I have never really paid much attention to the amount of e-mails I receive that are forwarded, or maybe I have just finally realized this over fall break because I've received no less than around 10!! Now I definitely LOVE everyone in my family without a doubt, but my grandparents send me anywhere from 5 to 12 forwarded e-mails a day. When I get old, I promise not to continue sending out forwarded e-mails to every living soul whose contact information I possess.

But have you ever thought about it and realized just how ironic these forwarded e-mails are? So most of them contain inspirational quotes and orchestrated music that's sole purpose is the make the e-mail readers cry. Out of curiosity, I watched a video contained within a forwarded e-mail with my mom last night. The video was all about how we should seize the day and enjoy life's ride. Well it's funny to me that the people who create these videos and even continue the chain by sending them to all of their contacts claim to be living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment (well they had to be on their computer at some point to continue on this process). And obviously some careers are computer-based. In fact some types of animation contain a TON of computer work. But I would never be able to be on the computer just to be on the computer. BoRiNg!!

I just found it very ironic. There's some person out there with an epiphany: "I'll show others how to live in the moment every day by creating a movie on my computer about it, send it out to a bunch of people who are always on their computer, who will then send it out to all their buds whose behinds are also in computer chairs"!!

It was the first forwarded message I have read since coming to school... and probably one of the last. :P

The forwarded e-mail's video that I watched last night I attached below. Most of it actually made me laugh because it was way to obvious with an attempt to stay serious for me to get through it without laughing. :D Have fun watching it ;) Guarantee it'll make you at least smile.


2 comments:

  1. I heard that if anyone wanted to crash all the world's computers, all they would have to do would be hide it with a picture of cute animals and forward it to a bunch of old people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha.... I can see how this could prove to be true!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.