





So, being a huge Alice in Wonderland fan, I was appalled when I realized that I hadn't blogged about this. I mean, I'm a huge fan. And when I say huge fan, I mean huge fan. Like I've seen the version with Whoopie Goldberg so very many times. The old British version where the colors are all fade-y cause it's so old. The Sy-Fy Alice mini series (Sooooo goood that extra o's were necessary while describing), the classic Disney Alice, the Tim Burton Alice, read both Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, The Looking Glass Chronicles. Drew some fanart (the bottom middle is one I drew.) Read the comics. Wanted to buy the shirt, but I had no money.... I should work on that.
I love Victorian feel to it. It adds to the madness. The language is romantic (in the literary sense), the pictures are so amazing. The Cheshire cat is BA. It just thrills my little heart. The style, the fashion, the top hats. The monocles! .....Maybe no monocles. But still. It's high fashion, my good sir. I love the time period. But it's all mostly about Alice.
A whiney little child falls done a rabbit hole, which, if you look at it from a story-telling point of view, allows us to be introduced to the new world and have frank opinions about the world. Plus it's like a giant book of puns! Who doesn't like puns? I mean rocking horse flies? Bread-and-Butterflies? Lewis Carroll was a genius. A GENIUS I tell you.
And then It turns out to all be a dream. How crazy and awesome is that?
So that was more me just being a nerd about Alice in Wonderland than anything else. But I really like it you guys!
Annndd.... Because someone asked. Jewish pickup lines:
Did it hurt when you wrestled with Jacob? (Cause you're an angel.)
The gates of repentance are always open. Just like my heart for you.
Got any Jewish in you? .... Want some?
Let's do it Adam and Eve style... Behind some bushes.
You had me at Shalom.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.