Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Man Who Planted Trees

Unfortunately, I would have to say that I did not like this film so much. Right from the start I knew that it was going to tell me that planting trees was good and that we should take better care of our environment, that it would probably challenge me to be a more caring person, etc. For this reason I felt both bored and also kind of annoyed that I was being preached at. Perhaps I've seen too many films with this sort of message. Perhaps I would look on it different if it was the first film I had seen of this nature. I also didn't like the voice of the narrator, but that is kind of personal taste. Now, I don't want to make it sound like I don't care about the environment. I really do. But something about being told that I should care makes not want to care as much.

Someone also mentioned the fact that the film compared the planter's work to that of God. That also did not help me to like the film better. It was just kindda, yeah, annoying, especially since it was repeated several times. I don't know, maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it, but this film just didn't excite me too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.