Normally, I'm not a huge tv person. There are only a few shows, other than I Love Lucy, that I'll keep up on. I recently got into the show FlashForward. I've been watching it on Netflix for the past few days and I'm already almost finished with the first (the only) season. If anyone has some spare time, I highly recommend this show. It's refreshing to find a tv show that actually makes you use your mind. There are so many main characters and so many plots it's ridiculous. Another show that I find unique that is currently on air is Leverage. The whole idea of Leverage is "sometimes bad guys make the best good guys". It's sort of a political thriller with a comedic twist to it. Leverage reminds me of David Balducci's books... and I can't wait for the new season to start!
I actually heard of "Flash Forward" a while back. The premise sounded interesting. But at the same time, I was heavily wrapped up in "Lost" (a show created by J.J. Abrams). That show also made you use your mind and it also had a lot of main characters and side plots. I guess at the time, I figured "Flash Forward" was a rip-off of "Lost" (ironically, "Lost" uses flash-forwards in season 4, and I think "Lost did it first). But heck, that's just me.
ReplyDeleteI will say this though, I hope "Flash Forward" gives you more answers than "Lost" gave me. I guess a problem with these shows is that they are very good at building intrigue but all that build-up produces so many questions, it's impossible for the creators to answer them all. That's what "Lost" did, by and large. (It answered most of the big questions and a few of the side questions, but left some hanging)
Anyway, I hope "Flash Forward" manages to give more answers than "Lost" did.