Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sherlock Holmes


So I was watching the newer Sherlock Holmes movie with some friends tonight, and I'm eagerly waiting for the next movie in the series, Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game of Shadows. Previously I would only pay attention to the actors in the movies, but now I tend to focus on certain
shots, the music, and the consistency in the scenes. I found a lot of really neat shots in the first movie. It makes me appreciate how hard it must be to get certain shots in films.

Also, another Sherlock Holmes I would recommend is the new BBC
Sherlock Holmes series, with Martin Freeman playing Watson and Benedict Cumberbatch playing Sherlock. Currently there are only
three episodes that last 90 minutes, but they are really funny and interesting. You can find the series on Netflix if you have it.

I like reading the Sherlock Holmes stories as well. I have a book of them in my room, whenever I get time to read more of them.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE SHERLOCK HOLMES! I have not seen the movie because I fear I won't like their version of Sherlock Holmes and the "relationship" between him and Irene Adler. But! I have the complete collection of the books and absolutely adore the BBC Sherlock! I cannot wait for the 2nd season to finally start! Everyone should watch that show, it's so interesting - a modern take on Sherlock Holmes. It's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy the BBC Sherlock Holmes! I might even enjoy it better than the one with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. (forgivemeJudeLawIstillloveyoualot)

    I can't wait for the 2nd season either. I was so upset where it ended in the 1st!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.